I work with children and adults utilizing cognitive-behavioral, interpersonal and family-based strategies. I am a BACP Accredited Psychotherapist, a German Board Certified Psychotherapist, and a member of Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA). I have received my degree in Child & Youth Psychotherapy from the well-established institute of AKIP (University Hospital Cologne). Before moving to Aberdeen in 2018, I worked as a Psychotherapist in the German Neuroscience Center Dubai. I’m married with three children, aged 26, 18, and 13. I am fluent in English, German, and Turkish.
To alleviate the distress associated with traumatic memories and other adverse life experiences to bring these to an adaptive resolution, I offer Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) sessions. Find more info about EMDR under BLOG.
Specific Phobias, such as Arachnophobia, Acrophobia, Emetophobia, Agoraphobia, Cynophobia, Ophidiophobia, Entomophobia, Melissophobia, Nyctophobia, Coimetrophobia, etc. can be treated effectively by Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy (VRET). Find more info about VRET under BLOG.
Notes from my Co-Therapist:
Hey, I’m Loki and three years old. Happy to clean up my toys, play dead or roll over for a treat. I’m a very loyal and joyful companion you can always count on!
My professional experience includes dealing with
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other distressing experiences causing psychological disturbance
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Anxiety Disorders (Bullying victims, Performance/ Social and Specific Anxieties, Panic attacks)
- Depressive Disorders
- Other behavioural and emotional disorders (such as adjustment, conduct, oppositional behaviour)
- Somatization Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorders (OCD)
- Eating Disorders