- The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle, 2000 Listen to this stunning book on AUDIBLE, if you seek happiness and fulfilment by understanding the thought patterns of your mind and body.
Learn to overcome dwelling on the past and worrying about the future or being obsessed about achieving goals and loosing the focus on the present moment.
Following Eckhart’s advice, I try to become fully present and accepting of what is, without ruminating about the past or the future and open myself to the transforming experience of The Power of Now.
- Helping You to Identify and Understand AUTISM MASKING, Emma Kendall, 2020 – The author was diagnosed with ASD in her early thirties. Emma describes her struggles at school and work, trying to maintain her social persona and starting to fall into a state of self-destruction.
Later on in life she describes how her diagnosis and strong family bonds helped her feel like her true self and happy.
- Parenting ASD TEENS, Andrew Schlegelmilch, 2014 – “This is stuff we as parents and professionals need to know!” (Luby Aczel, parent of a son with ASD and Executive Director of The Specialists Guild)
- The Optimistic Child: A Revolutionary Approach to Raising Resilient Children, Martin Seligman, 2018 “Flow occurs when your skills are used to their utmost — matched against a challenge just barely within your grasp.
Too little challenge produces boredom. Too much challenge or too little skill produces helplessness and depression.
Flow cannot be achieved without frustration. Success after success, unbroken by failure, regrouping, and trying again will not produce flow. Rewards alone, high self-esteem, confidence, and ebullience do not produce flow. The cushioning of frustration, the premature alleviation of anxiety, and learning to avoid the highest challenges all impede flow.
A life without anxiety, frustration, competition, and challenge is not the good life; it is a life devoid of flow.” This book gives great insight into immunizing children psychologically so they won´t suffer from various kinds of mental health issues.
Readers will also improve self-awareness about their own functional/unfunctional schemas and where they might come from.
Learned Helplessness seems to play a big role in terms of Anxieties and Depressions and can have deep roots back into our childhood but there is always a choice to improve positive schemas to overcome negative thinking patterns.
Seligman teaches core CBT interventions to parents to help their children to improve an optimistic view on themselves, their past and the future.
- HEAL – The Most Powerful Healer Is Within (Docu 2017; Netflix/amazon prime video) A documentary film that takes us on a scientific and spiritual journey where we discover that by changing one’s perceptions, the human body can heal itself from any dis-ease.
- Understanding A.D.H.D. (Dr C. Green and Dr K. Chee, 1997)
- The Road Less Travelled (M. Scott Peck, 1990)
- Mindset – Changing the way you think to fulfil your potential (Carol Dweck, 2017)
- Authentic Happiness (Martin Seligman, 2017)
- Developing Resilience (Michael Neenan, 2017)
- The skill of self-confidence / Ted Talk Dr Ivan Joseph (Link)
- What makes a good life? Ted Talk Robert Waldinger (Link)
- How our careers affect our children
- Sussed Card Games: The Family Personality Quiz (2-10 players)
- The HUGE BAG of WORRIES (Virginia Ironside, 2011)
- The Invisible Boy (Trudy Ludwig, 2013)
- Marlene Marlene Queen of Mean (Jane Lynch, 2014)
- Write and Draw Your Own Comics (Louie Stowell, 2014)
- Asperger’s Rules!: How to make sense of school and friends (Blythe Grossberg, 2012)
- Developing Resilience in Young People with Autism using Social Stories™ (Growing Up With Social Stories) Siobhan Dimmins, 2017